Extract from the WISLaw Statutes
WISLaw is an international non-profit association based in Lausanne, Switzerland. Its official language is English.
The Goals of the Association
WISLaw pursues, among others, the following aims:
1. Enhance the cooperation of women active in the sports law field at international level through networking events and the holding of regular meetings.
2. Promote women in the sports law sector, in particular, former – or present – elite athletes with legal background wishing to pursue a career in sports law.
3. Raise awareness of the presence, achievements and role of women in the sports law sector.
4. Take a gender-oriented perspective in the sports law sector, by tackling any kind of
5. Facilitate the participation of women in the sports law profession.
6. Play an active role in the sports law sector by empowering its members upon the acquisition of new skills and techniques.
7. Organize an annual General Assembly meeting with all its members.
8. Raise funds / seek sponsorships for a sports law master program scholarship for a female student (ISDE, CIES – FIFA Master or other) based on criteria to be defined at a later stage.
9. Create, maintain and foster a networking platform for all WISLaw members in order to encourage business and employment opportunities as well as the exchange of information among WISLaw members.
10. The Association’s actions may also include publications and other educational/networking events in sports law, the organization of conferences and seminars and the attribution of awards.
The Association is open to all women who are active – or interested – in the sports law sector and wish to become active members.
Requests to become an active member must be addressed to the Board, along with a short introduction of the candidate. The Board decides on the admission of new members at its discretion without giving reasons and informs the General Assembly accordingly.
Each member pays an annual membership fee. The membership fee is CHF 80.- (students / low income: CHF 40.-) per member.
Organs of the Association
The Association is comprised of the following organs:
a) The General Assembly
b) The Board
c) Ad-hoc Committee