WISLaw Congress Iran 9 & 10 January, 2019
It is with extreme pleasure that we can inform you on our next project, where WISLaw will showcase its knowledge and experience.
Upon a special invitation from the National Olympic Committee (NOC) of the Islamic Republic of Iran, we will be holding a two-day sports law congress in January 2019 at the offices of the Iranian Olympic Committee in Teheran, Iran.
All WISLaw members, WISLaw friends, lawyers, arbitrators, mediators, students, sport administrators, club representatives, football players, football intermediaries and anyone interested in sports law, both male and female, are invited to attend this unique congress.
If you are interested to attend and since spaces are limited please send an email to email@example.com for people living outside Iran and to firstname.lastname@example.org for people resident in Iran.
- January 9, 2019 - 08:30-09:00
- January 9, 2019 - 09:00-09:20
- Opening address
- By Dr. Reza Salehi Amiri, President of the Iran NOC
- January 9, 2019 - 09:30-09:50
- The Women In Sports Law Association (WISLaw)
- Presented by Dr. Parand Aziz, WISLaw member, CAS Arbitrator, Legal Adviser to the NOC, Iran · Facts & Figures, Objectives and Activities
- January 9, 2019 - 10:00-10:05
- Congress Video Clip
- January 9, 2019 - 10:10-10:30
- General remarks
- By Ms. Melanie Schärer, WISLaw founding and board member, Managing founder of MS International Law, Switzerland
- January 9, 2019 - 10:30-10:55
- Coffee break
- January 9, 2019 - 10:55-12:00
- The National Olympic Academy
- Presented by Dr. Reza Ghara Khanloo, Chairman of the National Olympic Academy of I.R. Iran and Mr. Salar Koohyar, lawyer
- January 9, 2019 - 12:00-13:30
- Lunch break
- January 9, 2019 - 13:30-15:00
- Workshop: The Dispute Resolution System of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association)
- Presented by Ms. Melanie Schärer, WISLaw founding and board member, Managing founder of MS International Law, Switzerland · Facts and Figures. Who can seek redress before FIFA? How does it work? What are the advantages, the caveats of proceeding before FIFA? Shall I take my case to FIFA, CAS or to the National Dispute Resolution Chamber? Insights from a practitioner. Q&A
- January 9, 2019 - 15:00-16:30
- Workshop: The International Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS)
- Presented by Ms. Andrea Zimmermann, WISLaw co-founding member, Counsel to the CAS, Switzerland · Facts and Figures. Who can seek redress before CAS? CAS as first instance and as an appeal instance. What are the advantages, the caveats of proceeding before CAS? CAS ad-hoc tribunals? Leading CAS cases. Q&A
- January 10, 2019 - 08:30-10:00
- Workshop: Sport and Human Rights
- Presented by Prof. Nuray Ekşi, WISLaw member, Yeditepe University Faculty of Law, Turkey · Relevant articles of the ECHR to Sport; Responsibility of States from the Decisions of Sports Arbitration Centers; ECtHR cases regarding Sport (pending cases, concluded cases and evaluation of the Pechstein judgments of the ECtHR)
- January 10, 2019 - 10:00-11:30
- Workshop: Media Law and Sport
- Presented by Ms. Brigitte Perez-Frei, WISLaw member, Board member of the Swiss Association of Law and Women, Switzerland · What is intellectual property (IP)? IP-rights of athletes and sport institutions. Infringements and what to do about it. Examples from practice. Q&A
- January 10, 2019 - 11:30-13:00
- Workshop: The Fight of Doping in Sport
- Presented by Ms. Valérie Horyna, WISLaw member, Senior Legal Counsel at International Hockey Federation (FIH), Switzerland · The entities fighting against doping and new developments: International Testing Agency, CAS as first instance for anti-doping disputes. The reality of anti-doping regulation in team sports. Reform of the World Anti-Doping Code and its expectations from the sport industry.
- January 10, 2019 - 14:00-15:30
- Workshop: Good Governance of Sport Entities
- Presented by Ms. Valérie Horyna, WISLaw member, Senior Legal Counsel at International Hockey Federation (FIH), Switzerland · A glance of the importance of good governance, its definition and implementation explained in the example of the FIH. Q&A
- January 10, 2019 - 15:30-17:00
- Workshop: Football Dispute Resolution in Iran
- Presented by Dr. Mehrdad Mohamadi, Member of the Players’ Status Committee of the Iranian Football Federation, Member of the Legal Committee of the Iranian Ski Federation, Iran · The Dispute Resolution System at the Iranian Football Federation: Deciding bodies, composition, competence and procedural rules. Hot topics of Iranian football contracts. Q&A
- January 10, 2019 - 17:00
- Conclusions and closing words
- Presented by Dr. Parand Aziz, WISLaw member, CAS Arbitrator, Legal Adviser to the NOC, Iran.